The perfect balanced breakfast for the warmer months approaching us. This muesli is packed with prebiotic fibre to keep your gut bacteria thriving, as well as the perfect amount of sweetness, too keep your tastebuds happy!
Prep/ Cooking Time: Less than 30 minutes
Ingredients (makes 8):
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped macadamias
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup macadamia oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
Fresh fruit – blueberries, sliced strawberry, or banana
Make me Low FODMAP
- Use a combination of your favourite Gluten-free breakfast cereals to great a granola like consistency (i.e. Freedom rice puffs, GF puffed corn, buckwheat groats)
- Pair with lactose-free dairy products such as LF yogurt or milk.
- Be sure to use table sugar such as brown/ caster, or maple syrup instead of honey.
- Small amounts of banana, raspberries, and blueberries are suitable fruit to pair with.
- Sweeteners such as Equal, Splenda, or stevia are suitable (but dependant on the individual’s tolerance).
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place mixture on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes (stirring at the 10-minute mark).
- Store in any spare glass jars that you may have. I’m loving re-using @mayversfood Peanut butter jars at the moment as they are the perfect size for a single-serve and I can take them to uni if having a late breakfast.
Recipe developed by @dietitianrose