Chickpea cookies.. whattt?! Yep that’s right, the main ingredient in these cookies is chickpeas. Packed full of fibre and protein, these cookies are gut-friendly as well as taste-friendly!
Prep/Cooking Time: Less than 30 mins
1 1/2 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained (1 x 240g tin).
1/3 cup wholemeal SR flour (plus extra if the mixture is too sticky).
2 tsp vanilla extract.
2 tbsp natural peanut butter (we love Mayver’s/ Pics).
1/4 cup honey/ maple syrup.
1/2 tsp bicarbonate Soda.
1/2 cup chopped chocolate, plus extra for topping (we used Lindt 80% dark).
1/4 cup coconut, plus extra for topping.
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor or similar (i.e. NutriBullet)
2. Transfer mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
3. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little bit more flour (~1 tsp at a time).
4. Roll into small balls, approximately 3cm in diameter, and flatten with fingers on a lined baking tray.
5. Add any toppings of choice, we used shredded coconut and a small piece of dark chocolate.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 180-190 degrees fan-forced, or until golden.
Recipe developed by @dietitianrose